Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Winning is Fun Pt. 2

It's been a while since my last post, I've been so busy with school and my site, Top Alcohol News. I have a lot to go over in this post, so here it goes.

It's amazing what a small world it is. It turns out that one of the A/Fuel drivers that I write for, Dave Hill, knows a team that races Pro Junior Dragster on the ADRL circuit. It also turns out that that team is 3rd in national points. Well, they were before the ADRL Ohio Drags this past weekend. The said team, Trevor Wilson's Tenneco team, invited me to stop by their pit at the race, so they could get my decals on the car and we could meet.

So I get to the track and find their pit area. We talked for a bit, Trevor put the NVW Motorsports Promotion decals on the car, then threw on his Team NVW t-shirt. Little did I know that he'd drive right into the winner's circel by the end of the night.

After two qualifying sessions, Trevor was #4. He started off elims in first round, beating Shannon Bell. He'd then run Kyle Dvorak and Kendall Thiesse, before lining up against Kaley Allen. In the end, the win light came on in our lane. After celebrating a bit on the starting line, we headed to pick up Trevor, the car, and the team's second Minuteman of the year. Once we got them, we headed down the return road, where we watched the Extreme 10.5, Pro Nitrous, and Pro Extreme finals. We also got to watch the BigFoot monster truck make a huge wheelstanding pass down the 1320.

Next was the Winner's Circle celebration for Team Tenneco. ADRL announcer Brian Olsen interviewed Trevor, before Roger Richards took some shots of the winning car and driver. T-Dog (Trevor's nickname) motioned us to join him for a couple team winner's circle photos. It was so cool to experience the whole WC deal, they really do it right in ADRL.

Trevor Wilson is now sitting atop the ADRL Pro Junior Dragster points, which means he has the #1 seed heading into the Battle for the Belts race in Texas in a month. I wish Trevor and his parents the best of luck, I can't wait to see how they do at the World Finals/BFTB race. Huge thanks to them for representing NVW Motorsports Promotion on the ADRL side!


If you've ever wanted to sponsor a successful NHRA team, but you don't own an oil operation or your dad isn't the king of a Middle Eastern country, here's a great opportunity. Brandon Booher and the AB Construction Top Alcohol Dragster team is now doing a fan sponsorship program to help get them to the Auto Plus Nationals in Reading this weekend. Basically, if you contribute $20 or more, you'll receive a used part from the car, signed by Brandon. The first person to donate $200 or more will receive one of my busted blower belts, signed by the Force sisters, Manzo, Reichert, Fast Jack Beckman, Greg Anderson, and several others. If you have a PayPal account, send your contribution to brian(at)booherconstruction. You'll receive an email on how to claim your reward. Shipping is extra if you will not be attending the Reading race.

Some more big news for me is that I'll be writing for newly licensed fuel Funny Car driver Blake Alexander. After success in the sportsman ranks, mainly Comp and A/Fuel, he's making the big move to nitro with the help of Uni-Select Auto Plus, Exide, and several other fine automotive companies. He'll be making his Pro debut this weekend at the Auto Plus Nationals, so if you're attending, be sure to stop by and see him at the Paul Smith Racing hauler. I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to do Public Relations for a Pro driver, especially at my age.

I'm planning on being in Reading this weekend, so I probably won't post until I get home on Monday or Tuesday. In the mean time, check out my news site, http://www.topalcoholnews.com/. We have some big things planned for the next week.

Thanks for reading, see you in Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment